Fraser Forster joints Spurs as a reserve goalkeeper


 

Fraser Forster joints Spurs as a reserve goalkeeper

Yes, Fraser Forster joins us as a reserve goalkeeper. The England international goalkeeper came from Southampton and has been at St Mary's since 2014 but spent the 2019-20 season on loan at previous club Celtic.

Fraser Forster said he is "absolutely delighted" to secure his move from Southampton to Tottenham Hotspur. He went on and said, "This is a fantastic opportunity for me. When a team like this comes along, it's impossible to say no. I couldn't get here fast enough to get it done," he said. "Everything about the place is world-class. The stadium is probably the best I've ever been to - ask any player in the Premier League, and that's what they'll say. The training ground is unbelievable, to be able to come here and work and work hard... I'm very privileged. It's an opportunity I'm very grateful for."

Forster also hopes his experience on big European nights - which includes impressive displays for Celtic in Champions League fixtures with Barcelona - will come in valuable next season. He added: "It will be a fantastic season, fantastic to have Champions League football, obviously, important to have got that, and now having achieved that, I'm sure the club will want to go as far as they can in the competition. I've played almost 50 European games, so if I can come in and help in any way possible, that's what I'll be looking to do."

He signed a two year deal with Tottenham.

Forster started his career with Newcastle United and had brief loan spells with Stockport County and Bristol Rovers.

Born: 17 March 1988 (age 34 years), Hexham

Height: 2.01 m

Weight: 93 kg



Comments

Popular Posts